Wednesday, October 6, 2010

The Man Behind the Keyboard

Hello, internets.  My name is Adam Sell and this will be the place where I pour out my heart and let it bleed technology and pedagogy.

In all seriousness, I'm a recent college graduate in Communications who only recently got the urge to become a teacher.  I know many have wanted to be 3rd, 4th or whatever grade teachers their entire lives, but this desire to teach is a new phenomenon for me.  I love to see students learn.  I hope to teach high school history and convey to students the importance the past plays on the present.  Also, I hope to simply be a role model to kids.

 The man behind this blog also loves to be in the outdoors, whether it be birding (I know, I know...) camping, fishing or hiking.  I also love to listen to music and hang out with my close friends.  Theology aslo tickles my fancy, as does history and hopefully teaching it someday!


With technology, I consider myself to be moderately proficient.  I can do most basic tasks on a computer, I text more than I want to admit and own I own numerous Apple products (like everyone 20 something cool-guy). I'm also getting into photography.  Though my college pockets are not deep and might be getting cobwebs, I hope someday to work with DSLR cameras for nature photography.   Right now I own a decent camera and have worked with my photos on photoshop and have used scanners, printers, etc. while working with my images.

 As far as the internet goes, it is something I grew up with, so I consider it second-hand nature.  I use not only for entertainment, but have used it for professional use in the past, including writing online for my internship with the Illinois Audubon society.

This class should be an exciting one.  I always want to learn more about how I can improve my technological proficiency to enhance the learning experience and overall aesthetic appeal.


Sell

1 comment:

  1. Birder? Let's talk. Looking forward to meeting you on Thursday.

    ReplyDelete